Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Visit With My Aunt Continued

I mentioned to you in my tea cup post that I had a couple more items to share from my Mother's Day visit with my aunt. This lovely lamp, is by Capodimonte, it's vibrant colors, and whimsical dragons makes for quite a conversation piece. It was gift to her, from her friend Ann , who's aunt was quite a collector of really nice things. Ann inherited numerous things after her passing. She gave this to my aunt because they have been loyal friends for many years. This is not the original lamp shade but, it compliments the lamp well.


As I observed this piece closely, I was quite intrigued by beautiful flowers
and winged dragons with human breast, and what looks like a fish body, because of the scales below. And I thought what an odd combination.



This photo I think I love best, because it better shows the necks, horns, and wings of the dragons. I had to wonder about the mind of the artist, so I searched the Internet for other pieces by Capodimonte and found to no end many odd and lovely pieces.


This view also showcases her beautiful custom drapes. I just love how the pleated sheers hang just right to the floor. Behind the sheers, there is a beautiful scalloped and fringed window shade.
I WON!
Rue of Rue's Peanut Butter And Jelly Life, hosted a giveaway, of a hand painted birdhouse,that will be painted with her own hands, and I!, can you believe it Me! am the winner. Yes, Me! as her adorable husband Rich played the drum roll, and her darling daughter Annie pull the names, I became the winner!, and being the sweetheart that she is , she decided to draw again and the second prize was awarded to and anonymous entry, by the name Janie. Aren't we lucky girls? Thanks Rue, for the start of a"Wonderful Day"! Deb

13 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

So much detail her lamp has! It's very unique and pretty. What a wonderful treasure to have! Have a great day!!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

What a unique treasure and a fine room ~ it would never survive in my house so its a good thing I can admire it from afar! LOL

Did you get an apron yet? You must have one. They are addicting. They come in so handy. A lot of gals sell them at etsy. Handmade and lots of choices.

Smiles,
Lea

Mrs. B said...

Hi Deb! What a beautiful lamp, and so unique! Congratulations on your bird house. I bet it will be beautiful!

Pearl said...

Hi Deb...
I was so happy that you visited me and I want to thank you for your sweet words ~hug~ You are such a dear friend!

I really enjoyed seeing more of your Aunt's home and her unique lamp. Perhaps the creatures are from some Greek Mythological story. I've not seen anything quite like it! Amazingly beautiful colors and workmanship.

How exciting for you to win a one-of-a-kind creation from Rue! ~smiles~ I know you're thrilled!!

I hope you have a very relaxing and pleasant evening, Deb.
God bless.

~hugs~
Pearl

Elizabethd said...

My first visit!
I lovew your lamp, such a pretty design.
Well done on your win!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

deb, Congradulations on your winning the birdhouse from Rue. Isn't that special!! What a keepsake. Your Aunt does have beautiful things!! I love that lamp!! It's very nice of her to let you share it with us!
Hugs, Terrie

Life on the Edge said...

I'm happy that you won! You're such a sweetie!

What a very intersting and unusual lamp. I've never seen anything like it! I hope you can find out more about the symbolism in it. It's quite beautiful.

PAT said...

I love the lamp, Deb!

Sounds like you had an extra special Mother's Day! Poogly looks like a little cuddlebug. He's beautiful!

Congratulations on the expected granddaughter!

Pat

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Deb, Congratulations on winning the birdhouse! Rue did a great job on the other two and I know you will certainly cherish the custom made one! Lucky girl! Your aunt's house is very pretty and elegant! All of her furnishings are beautiful! Congrats on being a grandmother again! Your son is a handsome guy!

I enjoyed viewing your mother's day goodies... Looks like you made out very well!

Have a great night! ~Rhonda :)

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Deb, I just read your comment about feeling strange outside taking pictures and what the neighbors may think....I sure do! LOLOL! So you feel that way too? I always think, that they are thinking we are getting ready to put the house on the market...taking pics for the realtor! LOL! But, so far the sign hasn't gone up...Lord Willing it won't! "smiles" When I took the ones of the tea party on my back porch I felt really silly...yet it was so much fun at the same time! I was trying to get it done before my husband came home...but didn't! I was so embarrassed, felt like a little girl playing tea party! I had taken everything outside, different tablecloths, china, candles...just to see which ones worked well together. Our back door neighbors would have seen me too, but I timed it where they would be at their son's baseball game! LOL! Oh well, what we do for our blogs, huh? ~Rhonda :)

Carolyn said...

Shoot...... I wanted to win Rue's Giveaway!

What a great lamp!

Rue said...

You are so welcome sweetie :) I'm glad you're excited, heck I'm thrilled that 49 people wanted one LOL I hope you like the one I'm going to make for you. It only took a couple days to paint them, so you'll proabably have it in about a week. Email me back!! ;)

rue

Cathy said...

Hey Deb! Great blog. Off to read more posts and listen to Shackles/Mary Mary...love that song!

Cathy