Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tablescape Thursday ~ A Garden Theme



Welcome to Tablescape Thursday, and BLESS ALL WHO ENTER! I hope you will all enjoy Easter Sunday having dinner with family, sitting around the most beautiful tables. Tablescape Thursday is hosted by our lovely Susan at Between Naps On The Porch. Please stop by for a visit as she will have a host of participants with wonderful ideas for a perfect tablescape.

My inspiration this week, is this lovely birdhouse. I purchased it at Big Lots long ago for 24.99. I fell in love with it's ceramic roof.

This started out to be a table for two, but because I only have two of the larger dinner plates shown here, (and as some of you may know I enjoy a fullness to everything); I added a different setting below to accomodate myself. The salad plate you see here is from a set of four, that I purchased at Stein Mart many years ago. In this setting I placed my napkin underneath my salad plate.

In my second setting, I used the salad plates that match the two dinner plates above. I coupled them with these dinner plates that I have four of. I have six of the salad plates to match the larger ones in the first setting, so I kinda spreaded them around. I also used two as candle holders for the pretty green candles. The napkin rings are from a candle ring that I took apart.

The bowl that matches the salad plates, I used as a base for my centerpiece. I only have one. Here's also a close up of the candle and plate.

Center view

End

Overall, I think it turned out well as a mix and match! So when ever you don't have enough of one thing. Couple. Thank you all for taking the time to visit my tablescape as I will be visiting with you as well. Deb

29 comments:

PAT said...

Beautiful garden table Deb! I love how you've "coupled" dishes!

As soon as it warms up I am going to do a little table setting on the back porch. You inspired me!!

Happy Easter!

Kathleen Ellis said...

Deb, this is beautiful...feels like a garden luncheon! I love to mix and match...lends a lot of interest and character to a setting! great job!
Have a blessed Easter!
;-D

ellen b. said...

Hi Deb! I love mix and match. One of my favorite things to do :0)
Your table is just gorgeous. A very happy Easter to you and yours!!

Amy said...

Your ceramic-topped birdhouse is just the perfect focal point of your tablescape. Just gorgeous. Your setting is so springy and fresh! Amy

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Deb this is just Beautiful girl..I love those square plates WOW!! and you know what at Christmas I didn't have enough of one kind of dishes so I mixed them up and it was so pretty...May you have a Blessed Easter dear friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

SouthernGal said...

Very pretty - love the birdhouse. Happy Easter!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Deb, this is so pretty. I love your dishes and centerpiece you have. Very elegant and gardeny looking, is that a word? Anyhow, it is lovely. You did a wonderful job.
Blessings,
Debbie
Have a beautiful Easter!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

It looks great Deb, very spring feeling and I love how you mixed your dishes!! Have a wonderful day!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

It is beautiful! I love the sign. I also love the feel of the tablescape. Great job, Deb! Always enjoy stopping by your place.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Love that birdhouse also....and the chairs are pretty too!!!Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Wow! That birdhouse is beautiful! I love the colors, it is so peaceful. Beautiful table.

Chandy said...

Love it! Beautiful table! Deb, you have a chic style for a country gal!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Deb...

Just read your sweet note that you left over at my place on my tablescape! Thank you so much, my friend!!!

Girl, I love your Easter tablescape...love the creamy whites and greens together! Love your beautiful dishes and I love that you mixed them up too! I have to tell you the first thing that caught my eye is that awesome birdhouse!!! I love, love, love it!!! You got a real deal on it too! It makes such a grand statement on your pretty table! Love all of the details, my friend!!!

Sending my very best wishes and blessings to you and your family for a Happy Easter!!!
Chari

Domestic Designer said...

Beautiful table! I really like your plates.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Deb, this is so pretty. I love that bird house. What a beautiful statement it makes! Your dish combinations look so pretty. laurie

Decor To Adore said...

What a pretty spring time table. I love the birdcage.

Kammy said...

Deb - I always love to look at your blog - you have such a nice
touch - so clean - tablescape !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb! Oh, your table is just beautiful! I love that unusual birdcage and it looks stunning on your table. Your dishes are all so pretty! You've really set a nice table. I'd love to sit there!
Have a blessed Easter, Dear One!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

DEB said...

Such a pretty table, I love the birdcage. "Happy Easter"
Deb

Twice as Nice said...

I love those square dishes. I love the mix of dishes too. Great birdhouse, I'm sure you'll be using that a lot of different ways this summer.

Have a wonderful weekend and a blessed Easter.

The Twins

nikkicrumpet said...

I like the mix and match...to me it adds interest. That birdhouse is awesome. I don't think I've ever seen one with a ceramic roof!

Rue said...

Hi Deb :)

Beautiful tablescape!

I want to wish you and your family a very Happy Easter :)

Hugs,
rue

Kathi said...

Deb, Your table is so pretty. Happy Easter. I will pray for Rebecca, who you mentioned on your side bar. Kathi

The Liberty Belle said...

Lovely! I particularly like your birdhouse. Happy Easter to you and yours.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Your table just has the look of spring!

Miss Janice said...

Love this tablescape Deb...so springy!

kanishk said...

Beautiful garden table Deb! I love how you've "coupled" dishes!

Work from home India

daffers33 said...

Deb,

Your settings are beautiful! This is an area that I have no imagination in, so looking at your settings encourages me in being able to put together a beautiful table. Americans need to get back to setting their tables and putting a family dinner on the top of their lists!

Chanda said...

Just been wondering how your doing and just had to have another look at this tablescape. It is mag. worthy. Hope that rooster isn't keeping you too busy to blog or are your too busy frying up all those eggs he is laying. Ha! Ha!. Hope all is well with you Deb and miss you,
Shanda