Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back Yard Slowly Coming Together


I just had to post a picture of my Peony Bush in bloom since the blooms are so short lived, they probably would look better, but the hard rain we had beat them down.

This is a picture of my trellised rose it blooms white roses, I have buds now and a bird has made her home there. I will post once it blooms.

You've been probably wondering why I have that little fireplace their, well I bought it at a yard sale and the stand was missing. My plan was to plant in it but I never have, maybe this year. I really don't know what might look good in there without hiding the view of the stove. I looked in the top this morning and a spider has eggs in there, sorry if I was wrong, but I sprayed them with insecticide.

This is a side view of the patio, the front area not so presentable right now. I always wait until the pollen is done falling before I clean in here, so yesterday I vacuumed and then washed everything down with the hose. I will post the inside after I'm done with everything.

This is the area I've been working on, there was a above ground pool there, and I've been taking it down. What's left is the outside of the pool, we have it rolled up and it's very heavy. My husband is the hauler, but he has to have help with this one, and I'm just not the one to help. So it's sitting for now. I don't know yet what to do with this area, maybe just keep it simple and let the grass grow over. I've also taken up the step stones that were leading out there. I could use the area to pitch the tent for the grand kids, we plan to let them camp out during their stay sometimes. Last summer when we bought it, we had the 8 grand kids and my nephew for a week. Our plan was that the boys would camp one night and the girls one night, my husband staying with the boys and I with the girls, thank God it rained both those nights planned. LOL There's a plug out there where the pump was connected and I have a TV with a video player so they could watch some old movies. Anyways I'll let you know what I decide on. Have a great day! I'll be in the yard, it's going to be a beautiful day, only 67 degrees and there's more disaster than what I showed you. Deb

12 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Hi Deb! Your yard is looking very nice. I love peonies but we don't have any growing ourselves. Landscaping and gardening seems to be a never ending project! Hope you enjoy the spring weather!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Deb, Your peonies are beautiful! I've never tried any of them. I hope you will post your chair! Mine needs recovering and painting! It looks better in the picture than it does in person! LOL! I just loved the side and lines of the chair! Was it hard to recover? I'm planning to go find fabric for it Thursday and would love to recover it myself if I could! Let me know how hard it was and please post your chair...I would SO APPRECIATE IT!!!! "smiles"

SO glad you are joining me in the Proverbs read...stay in touch and let me know how it is going! :)

Hugs, Rhonda

Lisa (aka) French said...

Hey Deb~~thanks for stopping in! Looks like you have been working in the yard it's looking wonderful! I so wish I enjoyed gardening, but I truly hate it! Give me a paint brush any day over dirt and bugs;) I love to see it looking nice just don't want to do the work! Thank goodness my hubby loves to do yardwork or my grass and weeds would be sky high! French;)

Picket said...

Hey girl..ohhh great minds think alike! I popsted some pics of my back yard this morning ....took some pics as the sun was coming up!! lol lol I love you back yard..oh such a comfort zone!!!! Hope you are out enjoying it right now and have a great day..take care!!!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Hi, Deb! I love your peony. I sure wish you lived close to me. We have so much in common. I am so excited for your hubby. I hope his 1st garden does well. It sounds like a nice sized garden. Our days are still to cold to get out and work in the yard. I planted one pot! And the rest of my flowers I bought are still sitting in the garage. Can you believe we have another chance for snow this weekend. I'm trying to keep a good attitude about this weather. But, this is getting very.. old. lol
Terrie

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Your yard is so pretty! And your peonies are blooming nicely! I always love the smell of them.

What fun to camp out with the kiddos! When we camp out, mommy has to have the air mattress. The ground is just too hard for me. Same with sleeping on the floor.

Have a great day!

Stacy said...

I love the flowers in your yard =) For the stove, what about purple snap dragons? After the grass grows out where the pool was, you could put a stone bench with a poted plant at one end to add beauty but not clutter the whole yard, there would still be lots of room for tent night too =D Thats so fun of you too offer to sleep outdoor with the girls! LOL =)

Rue said...

Hi Deb :)

I can't believe you have peonies already! Mine are just now budding.

Your yard is gorgeous and I can't wait to see it in full bloom!

Oh and it's not insecurities as much as I just don't think I would like being on TV having people know me that normally wouldn't. Thank you though :)

Have a beautiful day in your yard!
hugs,
rue

Picket said...

Hey girl....Don't you just love being able to be outside and play around in the yard? We are always tweaking and working in the yard every chance we get..which is not very often with all that goes on in our large family! lol Hope you have a great day today...take care!

Ruthie said...

your yard looks so nice. I love peonnies!!! I like listening to the rain, too.
Hugs.

Pearl said...

Hi Deb... How nice of you to share about all of the "happenings" in your back yard. Loved seeing your peonies; my Mom always had them in different shades... so pretty.

I want to thank you for your caring words about Friends/Friendships... and the wonderful scripture you shared w/me; such a comfort your visit was, Deb. I wish I could tell you that I'm feeling better... perhaps tomorrow will be an improvement. I'm praying for it.

May you find a sweet blessing in the new day... take care.

~hugs~
Pearl

Kathi said...

Deb, Your trellis is pretty. It will look even more so when all in bloom. I like the fire place. Can you get it to work? Is it for small groups of people to sit around at night? or is it broken and used for show? I like it either way. Could you put your favorite herb plant inside it? Chives and dill are quite hearty.

Wow! Eight grandkids at your age? You are so blessed to be a grandma and to be young enought to have energy for them. Have a blessed day.
Kathi