Thursday, May 6, 2010

Keeping Up With The Jone's

Have you ever had an idea and a neighbor beat you to it? Below is my neighbor's house, this is not a very good picture of what I'm going to showcasing but I promise that wasn't done on purpose. You see we've had a lot of wind here in Alabama lately.
See that flag pole, well my neighbors use it to showcase flags of all season's and occasions. Cute couple, I don't know where she finds all of her flags but I bet she has a million of them.

See we both put our flags out for independence day last year, (here's mine), and I was going to keep mine up and change out the flags and she beat me to the punch. So quite naturally I couldn't do it too, I would feel like a big old copy cat. So I had to come up with something equally as cute. Do you see the wall there on my front stoop?

It now has a clock and people passing by can get the time. It's my own Big Ben! Cute substitute for a changing flag and when I'm sitting out on the front I always know what time it is. That's Mini Poo, my dog, I had no idea she missed the camera cue.

Or when ever someone comes to the door or if I see something going on in the neighborhood and I look out the front door I know what time it happened. Isn't that cool? I know, I know, I'm such a dork! LOL!!! But I love my porch clock! Deb

12 comments:

The Liberty Belle said...

I like your porch clock too! Great idea.

Rue said...

Hi Deb :)

I hope things are going well for you!

Love that clock idea :)

Happy Mother's Day!!

hugs,
rue

Kathi said...

Deb, Thank you so much for stopping by. I do remember that you lost your daughter a few years back and I want to say, how sorry I am for your loss, and I'll be praying for you too. God bless you this Mother's Day.

I have not been blogging much, but I thought I'd post that story about my dear friend Sheri. I may return eventually, but I am trying to set priorities for myself that keep my family in the fore front. Hugs, Kathi

Sharon S said...

Hi there-a porch clock is a fabulous idea, love yours! Have a great week ahead my dear!!

Sweetladyelaine said...

Cute idea! I love the look...Isay hang your flag anyway!!!

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Hi Deb! remember me?? i miss your blog!

Kathi said...

Hi Deb, I miss your fun posts. I loved your fashion ones and your beautiful decorating. Will you post again? We all miss you. Kathi

sheila from life @ #17 said...

Hey :) if I can come to blog land, surely you can too :))

The Liberty Belle said...

Oh how I would love to see an update! Hope all is well. Miss reading your blog.

Sharon S said...

Hi Deb!! So lovely to hear from you, I hope you are keeping well and I wish you a Happy Christmas and a great 2013 xxx

NoumanRaza said...

pakistani talent
Must watch

How to hack wifi

Yang Kuo said...

Oh how I would love to see an update! Hope all is well. Miss reading your blog.


เย็ดสาว