Friday, July 18, 2008

CATCHING UP


I'm way behind posting about this but, due to circumstances beyond my control. My good friend Kindra has a Etsy store, she has all sorts of neat things. She specializes in Primitive Decor but she's so very talented I believe she can make just about anything. I had her make for me a custom sign that reads... Whatever You Are Be A Good One, I saw that saying in a magazine similar to a Country Sampler, but I don't remember the name of it. I always thought it was a cute saying and although a lot can be read into it, I just choose not to think of the negative. When it was delivered I was so excited!

Kindra had it packaged to make sure that it reached me in tip-top condition. I had fun with the bubble wrap later too. Very large bubbles, I had to step on them. I'm such a kid!

Also there was the cutest little thank you note, along with an apology because the first sign that Kindra made never reached me. Great mail system uh? It was very upsetting to Kindra just getting started with her store and to have this happen. It was very upsetting to me because she's such a lovely person I hated to see this happen to her. Kindra was so gracious and made me a second sign, and I promised her that if it ever shows up I will have it shipped back to her.

Look how beautiful it is. It's pretty long, and it was very reasonable too at 19.99, considering the one I saw in the magazine was around 40.00 and much, much, smaller. Kindra, the place I had chosen for it didn't do it justice. I need to place it somewhere that I can see it all the time. I'm in the process of changing a lot of things around in here as I am redecorating my den. I will show you it's final resting place soon. Deb
Also in catching up, when I had my boys over, I'd promised them I would take them to our amusement park called Alabama Adventure, today I will be taking them and will try to get lots of pictures to share. I'm just about done with my den too. I just need to hang the Roman Shades, and shop around the house for accessories. I will share it soon too.


13 comments:

Carolyn said...

What a cute sign!

Love the saying

Picket said...

Morning sweetie...love that sign and I love waking up and seeing you here this morning..may today be a great day for you ...one full of new strength and hope..even if a tear falls may there be a smile on your face and joy in your heart. love ya girl!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Hi Deb!! It's great to see you back and posting. My day didn't see complete with your blog. I hope you are getting back to your "normal" routine. You have a wonderful angel looking after you. Hugs!!!

And what a surprise to see my sign! I'm so glad you like it! And maybe someone "out there" is enjoying the first sign. Maybe that's a compliment?? Can't wait to see where you put it!

I will always be there for you for a listening ear and a virtual hug! Have a good weekend.

Connie said...

Oh my gosh, Deb, the sign is cute but I'm lusting after that cracked leather chair, honey!!! That's looking more like an english gentlemen's den that anything I've ever seen except in english magazines. The photos of that chair, window and glimpse of the garden just stole my little beating heart away, country chickee!

I'm hoping you're feeling somewhat better today after all the trauma of the last several days. I've thought about you many times and tried to email you but couldn't find the email addy! Just wanted you to know that an old lady out in Idaho treasures you and thinks of your loss! Bless your heart and hoping the future will be peace to your heart.

Smoochies,
Connie

Ruthie said...

So nice that the sign came just now so you think of something fun and can finish decorating. I am anxious to see how you use it- I'm sure it will be wonderful.
Hugs.

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I love your sign!! Kindra is great and I love her work!!! I can't wait to see your den!! hope you had fun today! Take care my friend!~Wendy

Jan Parrish said...

Deb - That's a great sign. I can't wait to see where you put it. :)

Once again, you have some great music on your blog. Yes, you have excellent tastes.

Praying for you. (((h)))

Picket said...

Morning Sweetie..just wanted to come by and say I hope you have a beautiful Sunday.

Deb said...

Connie, thanks for the compliment on my cracked leather chair, I found it at the thrift store for 15.00 dollars it was worn but not actually cracked, it's cracked now I guess from sitting by the window getting all that sun but it looks great to me. The desk I bought at a yard sale for 20.00. My intentions were to refinish the desk but I never did, I've had the desk and chair for about 5 years now.

Connie said...

Deb, my alabama chick, it's called Soft Surroundings and it's a catalog. Here is the URL for it:
http://www.softsurroundings.com/
I hope you're feeling better my honey pie. The lesson today in Relief Society at church was on death. I learned a lot and was in tears thinking of you being reunited with your dad. He'll be there waiting to "Hail" you, sweetpea. I have absolutely no doubt about it. Look at it this way: the ones who die early just live shorter lives here on earth, but we'll all live forever someday - together. And when we do I want to meet ya, my lovely chickadee!! It'll be a grand reunion!!
Smoochies and hugs,
Connie

KKJD1 said...

Hi, I new to your blog but I saw your sweet message over at farmhouse blessings and wanted to pay your blog a visit. Loved visiting your blog. I will put it under my favs so I can check back in with you. Blessings, Karen

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

How cool that you order something from Kindra!! I can't wait to see where you put it!
Hugs, Terrie

artis1111 said...

Love the sign. Beautiful cutrains. Kathy