I was given this award by my good friends Kady and Dot. Kady's @ Life On Bonnie Lane and Dot @ Picket's Place. Dot and Kady are warm, kind, Christian ladies. They both have a tremendous love of family, friends, and decorating. I love visiting them both and if you haven't visited please do, it's always a treat. Thanks Dot and Kady, for thinking of me, it's a beautiful award.
The rules are to show the logo, link back to the person that gave the award, and choose 7 to pass it along to and links to their blogs. Then notify them of the award. My choices are :
Living Beautifully - Connie is a beautiful person, she so full of fun and life, there is never a dull moment. She has a shop where she sell a little bit of everything. She also sells items that she has handmade herself. I think she's really special.
Pearls Sentimental Journey - Pearl a true delight, so thoughtful and kind, loves pink. Pearl will be a friend to the end, and I'm very proud to call her mine friend.
Bold & Free - Jan is a lovely person and Minister, she always offers encouraging words of faith.
Life At Number 17 - Shelia is a lovely person, she has a genuine love for animals as she has a few. She shares great ideas for the home, and has a very humorous approach about it.
Momstheword - Very kind lady, always helping someone, she a God send to anyone around her. Very funny stories and happenings.
Front Porches Sweet Tea & Old Aprons - Shanda is a very busy lady, she has beautifully decorated her home, she farms, and has started to participate in a farmers market in her town. She has a very interesting life.
Farmhouse Blessings - Lea is such a joy, she's thoughtful, kind, Christian, a loving mother and friend. She shares great recipes, frugal shopping sprees and most of all Colton. Colton has been a God send to us all, it's amazing how much he understands about the Lord and that the Lord want us to love others as we love ourselves. His love of God has to come from a loving family, Thanks Lea, for raising an Angel.
Also over at Picket's Place, Dot has challenged anyone that wants to play to list 6 unimportant food tidbits about ourselves. A lot of them I shared with Dot, so I tried to think of some that were not on her list.
1. I will not eat large white Lima Beans, the green ones are fine but, the large white ones have these little white things that detached themselves from the bean and look like maggots and for some reason I can't get around them.
2. Caviar will have to be my second, why does anyone want to eat fish eggs? I just don't understand it, and I hate the way they look.
3. Craw fish I don't get it, they look like big bugs, and they have eyes. People say to eat them, you take off the heads and suck the insides out. There's no way I can do that! I would surely die!
4. I don't eat beef cooked rare, I don't want to cut into a steak and get a drainage of blood. Make mine well done, all the way.
5. I don't like boiled okra, fry mine please!. Boiled makes me think of slugs.
6. Last but not least, oysters and mussels. Boiled, steamed, smoked, fried, on a half shell, how utterly ridiculous, and I dare not say what they look like.
It's funny what we will eat and not eat. This pass weekend I had my 3 little grandsons over again. For Sunday dinner, I made baked ham, collared greens, baked sweet potatoes and mac and cheese. I kinda tired myself out and did not feel like making cornbread. So I had this bright idea that hush puppies would be a good stand in. So I deep fried a few, and they were okay, my husband didn't mind he's not a big fan of bread anyway. But I over heard the boys in the kitchen complaining that they didn't want the little balls. The littlest one K.J., had been asleep he woke up, I fixed his plate and he joined them. Then I heard Omari tell K.J. eat your meat balls, they taste so good, and then I heard Chris just burst into laughter and Omari joined in. When I went to clear the table after them, all the balls were there. The one KJ had tried after being told it was a meat ball, was there, bitten and spat out. So much for hush puppies.