Friday, March 6, 2009

An Update & Award


When I posted my Tablescape I so wanted to include this picture but my husband and I disagreeded on whether or not I should by it. I got it at Ross. He thought not and I thought why not! LOL!!! Anyway I've been hiding it out in the front bedroom closet. LOL!!! Then last night when I was working on my post he was still up so I couldn't whip it out for the photos.

Anyways it fits perfectly with my Tablescape and it's a shame it's hidden away. I will use it one day if I have some ladies over for a lunch or something. It'll just set the scene. It's not hung it's actually just resting against the wall and on the chair. It has all the colors that I used in my Tablescape.

I also want to mention two extra birthday gifts. One was a Ross gift card from my niece,Regina. It's what I used for my purchases of the two bowls and pitchers that are in my Tablescape, you can see it in my previous post if you haven't already. The other is this beautiful birdhouse one the left. It's from my cousin Marie. The one on the right is from Rue's giveaway. I think I'm having a problem with the color setting on my camera or maybe it's my computer. The colors are looking sort of bland to me.

This award was given to me by my friend Melissa over at Little Things In Life. Melissa is a Photographer and does fantastic work. She even has a Photo blog. It's called Missy's Photography. Please stop by them both.

These are the rules:

1. Post on blog with link back to the awarder.

2. Award 5 deserving Dishaholics (they can recieve this award a million times and if you think they are a closet Dishaholic, give it to them for their inspiring taste and display of dishes. The dishes can be displayed anywhere in or around their home.

3. Name your favorite set of dishes/pattern that you own.

4. Name a set of dishes/pattern that you DO NOT own, but would like to own.

5. List a favorite accessory ( stems, silver, flatware, etc.)


This is my favorite set of dishes that I own, it's by 222 Fifth and it's called Gabrielle. I have a service for eight. I found them here and there after Christmas and managed to get all that I needed. I have four setting that are square and four that are round. I have two extra square salad plates that can be pair with white Bone China dinner plates that I found to give me a service for ten.

This is a set I would love to have as a service for eight. I only have 6 dinner plates and 4 salad bowls. I've seen them on the Net but haven't order any yet but, I just love love love them.

I love this stemware. It's by Chris Madden and goes perfect with either dishes above. The goblet holds 18oz's of liquid and the other 9oz's.

This is my second try at this post, my first had and error and would not post, I had to do this all over again. For this reason I will not list five. However if you are a Dishaholic and want to share some of your favorites please feel free to play along. Deb

13 comments:

Bo said...

Hi Deb...LOVED your post today...and I vote YES for that wonderful picture to hang on the wall...your DH will learn to love it, I'm sure...LOL
Congratulations on your award...I have it or I'd take it...Your Gabrielle china is spectacular!
;-) Bo

PAT said...

I love the picture, Deb! It's absolutely perfect for that wall!

Of course, you know, I love your dishes!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

OH Deb now you made me laugh today...girl I thought I was the only woman that hid things in the closet..I will buy soething and put it in the closet for a month then bring it out and Len will say is that new?? and I can truly then tell him No..I haven't it for awhile you just didn't notice it ha ha!! Love that picture girl...now that might even for me be a hard one to cover up..can you tell him you painted it??I mean sign your name at the lower right hand corner ha ha!! Oh I am bad girl and I know it..Now I love your china and the square plates seem to be the in thing right now..I just want some pretty lacy chargers..I'll put them in the closet for awhile..Hope you have a great day dear friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

bj said...

Hi, Deb...what a fabulous post...great job!
I would just about arm wrestle you for that picture..it is PERFECT for your room.
Thanks for the offer of the award...and congrats on getting it..I already have it so will leave it for another....

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

And how long until your husband "notices" the picture, Deb? :) You're so funny! I love that picture....I think it has lots of charm!

Your dishes are great! Congratulations on your award!

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Ruthie said...

Deb, You set a beautiful table and definitely deserve that award!
The picture is perfect.
Smiles.

The Liberty Belle said...

How lovely!

The Liberty Belle said...

How lovely!

Missy Wertz said...

Great post Deb! Love your choice of dishes and I love that picture. I agree with Gloria. Put your name in the corner and tell DH you have picked up painting..... LOL!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Deb, I love that picture! It looks fantastic with your dining set and on that wall! I'm thinking if your husband saw it, he would agree that it is perfect! I agree about that stemware. It is so delicate and lovely. laurie

Gini said...

I LOVE the Gabrielle dishes. The picture is really nice and looks treat there. You tell your husband everyone says so!

nikkicrumpet said...

DEB!!! You can't hide that picture in a closet...it's too perfect for your room. Just bring it out and hang it up...then make him a really great dinner..give him some lovin...and he'll forget all about that picture lol. It would be a shame for it to stay hidden!

Deb said...

I will be using it when I'm using the dishes and accessories that you see here. I know it sounds crazy but I like to switch up sometimes and either of the two pictures that I have will go with all of my other accessories that I have in the kitchen. Deb