Tuesday, September 2, 2008

~A Happy Birthday and Fall Decor~










This Labor Day weekend we celebrated our daughter Lashanda's birthday. She had a small party and invited a few friends and family. This was her 30th birthday. Above you see Lashanda and Sunni singing a duet. Lashanda is on the left.









As others enjoyed the show. That's Lashanda's and Sunni's mother in the black and their aunt seated right behind her.








Of course the kids wanted in on the entertainment. This is Michael and Colin. Colin is Lashanda's son ( on the right), it was amazing how he could dance and he even did a dance where he stood on his head. We had a really nice time, please join us in wishing her a happy birthday!










Yesterday I went to Walgreens to pick up my prescription, when I walked in the door my eyes fell upon a little section of fall decorations. They had pumpkins, leaf dishes, candles, and lots of other fall items. I chose the leaf dish as a matter of fact I bought two. They were only 5.99 each and they are pretty large. They had them in green, orange, and white. Well you all know I love green, and that's what I got.










I tried them here on the table but, they are so large they overpowered the table, there was not space left for my husband and I to place our plates, we eat here in front of the TV, anyway I didn't buy them for the table, I bought them to use on the food table when we have our Thanksgiving dinner. They will be holding something don't know what yet, maybe mints or something.










I picked up a few fall bouquets from the Dollar Store and made a little Fall arrangement for the table.












I sat the leaf dishes on top of the Mantle until Thanksgiving. My camera is on the blinks pretty bad now, I took lots of pictures at Shanda's party but most of them were ruined. Now I know what I want for Christmas. Christmas? Yes! Christmas is right around the corner.

19 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

Looks like everyone had a great time at the party! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday LaShanda! I love your entertainment room! It looks like such a fun place! Love your green fall leaf plates! :) ~RHonda

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Happy Birthday LaShanda! Looks like she had a blast!! Ditto Scooterbu, that room looks rockin!!

Bo said...

Ah, to be 30 again...if only I could and know what I know now...LOL..Happy Birthday LaShanda (pretty name)! ;-) Bo

Jan Parrish said...

Love the basement decor.

Awesome fall decorations. I'm lucky if I have time to decorate for Christmas. I'm not big seasonal decorations due to time constraints.

Happy Birthday LaSanda what a great age to be.

Blogger said...

What a fun party, I just love that you have a STAGE in your house, you sure do know how to live :)

I love your finds from the dollar store and Walgreens :) I love green, too...I think we have very similar tastes, in fact...if we lived closer, we could be shopping buddies :)

Bella

Mrs. B said...

Hi Deb! The party looks like lots of fun! Happy birthday to Lashanda! Those dishes are so cute too. And yes, Christmas is coming. I couldn't believe it, I actually saw Christmas decorations out in a store today!

Anonymous said...

Deb.... looks like Lashonda had a fun birthday! 30 huh? Those were the days! (lol)

I love the fall decor! The price was right too!

TTYL
Donna

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Happy belated birthday to Lashanda!! When was her birthday? Same day as mine? It's fun to know we turned 30 "together"! :) Sure looks like a great time! That party room was sure a great idea!

Rue said...

Hi Deb :)

Looks like a great time! Happy Birthday LaShanda!!

Pretty fall decor! I need to do something about that myself ;)

hugs,
rue

sheila from life @ #17 said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love birthdays and, more importantly, birthday cake...I love wedding cake more, but birthday cake runs a close second...

those leaf dishes are big! it didn't look so big in the first photo but in the 2nd, wow! that was a great buy :)

(I want a new camera for Christmas too...)

Rose of Sharon said...

Happy birthday to LaShanda! Yea! I love all your fall decorations! I can't wait to get mine out! I have back to school things out now and will share pictures of them soon.

Have a great evening!

xox Sharon

Twice as Nice said...

First of all, THANK YOU for posting our give away. You are too sweet!!

Our best friend from high school also has identical twin boys. They just turned 23 and are so cute. Their names are Keith and Kirk!

I once bought a pair of jeans for my husband along with other things and when I got home I realized I wasn't charged for the jeans. I took the jeans and my receipt back to the store and the lady looked at me like I was crazy. In my mind if I didn't pay for them it would be the same as stealing.

Love all of your fall decorating. Looks great. I'm just starting to put mine out. Twin2-Fran

Twice as Nice said...

LOL...I forgot to tell you that one time I got out my black dress purse to go to a wedding and inside the zipper part was $60.00 I forgot I put in there. That was a happy surprise.

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb! Thanks for popping in! Michaela hates her uniforms... (LOL) She's been in uniforms all of her life. (LOL) I don't know what makes this year any different... besides puberty! (LOL)

Donna

Kathi said...

Looks like a fun party. I love your fall decorations, Deb. Kathi

Sharon S said...

Hi deb-If you can check my blog out later, I've left you an award!!

Sharon S said...

Hi again-many happy returns to LaShanda, the party looked a blast!!

Chanda said...

How cool is it that you too have a Shanda. Wow!! I never knew that. Looks like you all had a fun time.